Monday, October 10, 2011

What the F is going on?


I don’t even know what to say… I feel like the sports world is in such total disarray right now.  All the conference re-aligning in college football, the Yankees and Phillies were eliminated from the post-season, there is no NBA right now, the Lions are 4-0… I really just have no idea what’s going on? 

Now what I am about to say may be hard to believe so read it carefully.  The Buffalo Bills are leading the AFC East.  I repeat, the Buffalo Bills are leading the AFC East.  I swear they are, you can fact-check me.  They aren’t the only “once again relevant” team though.  As previously mentioned the Lions are 4-0 for the first time in like history, I think?  And tonight they’re looking for their first Monday Night win since 1998.  With the way they’ve been playing lately I think it’ll be no problem.  The Bears are inconsistent and shaky at best…

In more NFL news, everyone was really looking forward to the Patriots/Jets game yesterday and I gotta say, it was kind of a let down.  Neither team “excelled” in a certain area, it was lackluster, I’ll say?  And I was waiting for a Vince Wilfork interception the entire time… Hopefully he’ll get Tony Romo next week.  I love seeing his jello-ness running down the sidelines, its great, like watching a whole team of super athletics tigers trying to take down a water buffalo.  Fantastic. 

So the Texas Rangers are back in the ALCS and for the first time in like a million years the Phillies are NOT in the NLCS, which makes me extremely happy… Wait what? Yeah.  In my expert opinion I’m calling a Brewers/Rangers series but we’ll see what happens.

Hockey season started… You don’t care do you?  We’ll talk more about that in the post-season.

Still no sign of the NBA which kinda makes me sad… The geriatric Celtics don’t have a lot of good playing time left and if this year is gone I fear that my beloved Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce will just crumble.  Seriously, I’m sure their bones are brittle, I hope their taking their calcium supplements. 

And the poor Colts… I really do feel bad for them.  Poor Peyton watching from the sidelines… Cursing the Madden gods, “you got the wrong Peyton, you morons!”

So this was kind of all over the place but so is life, so get over it.

Until next time…

Sports Truly

PS: I used a lot of ellipsis, and I’m sure not correctly but I like those little things.  So cute… for those of you who don’t know what an ellipsis is… Google it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment